• 30th January 2020 at 10:02 am #7853
      Carl
      Keymaster

I would like advice on which crystals are the best ones to use to help with Grief?

• 6th February 2020 at 8:59 pm #8613
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Hi carl, I would say Amethyst or Amazonite would be very good crystals to help grief. I have also heard that Blue jade can be very soothing too.

• 6th February 2020 at 9:10 pm #8614
      Carl
      Keymaster

Thank you very much Paul for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your help and response. I will check out the crytals on your shop. Take care.

• 8th February 2020 at 3:13 pm #8703
      Peter

Paul Do you know crystals can be used for relaxation?

• 9th February 2020 at 5:19 pm #8739
      Paul Perris

Hi Peter, The best crystals I find to help with relaxation are
      1) Blue Lace agate as it is soothing and helps bring peace of mind.
      2) Ametrine as it is good at calming the mind and clearing stress
      3) Aquamarine and Red Jasper are also lovely calming stones.
      4) Lavender Quartz is relaxing and can also aid sleep with its lavender properties.
      5) This being the main one though that I would use as this crystal is so frequently used for meditation too and is: Clear Quartz.

• 26th February 2020 at 10:33 am #9123
      Philippa

What crystals are best to energise

• 26th February 2020 at 10:47 pm #9142
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Hi Philippa,
      I would generally go with yellow or orange stones to energise which can be found in the crystals section of the site, but in addition to I would also say:
      1) Clear Quartz and Herkimer diamonds
      2 Ruby
      3) Amethyst and Ametrine
      4) Fluorite

• 28th February 2020 at 5:35 pm #9180
      Gill Smith

How do crystals help you though with any emotion. Do they absorb vibrations or give them off?

• 3rd March 2020 at 12:01 am #9217
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Hi Gill, the answer is both. Crystals contain the remarkable ability to transform, absorb, amplify, and transmit energy. Energy is everywhere and crystals are the perfect medium. In fact, the vibrations of crystals are known to change depending on the energy surrounding them, so every stone has a unique and different effect on each individual person.

• 19th March 2020 at 12:11 pm #9382
      Jodie

How did all this information come about the properties of crystals? Who first found out about them.

• 21st March 2020 at 11:40 pm #9443
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

This is a common question I get asked, especially to those who are just beginning their crystal journey is about the origin of the properties of different crystals. Where did they come from? Who decided what a crystal means what or what it does ? How did they know? I get it and understand…

The thing I always try to explain is there is no one single answer to this question. The modern practice and belief in what most people call ‘Crystal meanings’ has many sources and developed over time. We can only theorise how this all came about as this story started thousands of years ago. I have given this a lot of thought over the years, what I share here is just my opinion and belief on the subject.

I always say, colour is vibration. The colours of crystals relate to their energy and these colours play a big part in why people are drawn to certain stones. Different colours have different meanings. These meanings may relate to the elements, Planets in astrology or the chakras too.

Understanding the chakra association is an excellent guide to the metaphysical properties of crystals.

The chakras relate to different areas of our life, mind and parts of the physical body. Crystals bring those qualities into balance or help restore weak energies in the chakras and the aura. When crystals have a combination of colours this also indicates the additional energies and chakras. The practice of Colour Therapy also helps us understand the meanings of the different colours.

Many crystals grow into interesting shapes and forms. Shapes also tell us lots about the intrinsic energy of a crystal. Crystals that are spiky, may be seen as defensive so could be used for protection. Rounded stones may be seen as more feminine, grounding and peaceful.
      Then there is the look of the crystal and how it is affected by light. Transparency indicates receptivity and holds more energy. A highly reflective crystal could deflect negativity, and an earthy-looking stone may be more grounding. These are just a few examples of where some of the meanings may have come from. In spiritual and metaphysical thinking, a natural form is not a coincidence.

Ancient people learned many things about our world through direct experience and trial and error. This is where the benefits of different herbs or essential oils come from. As they wore or carried different stones, people noticed how they affected them and how they felt. Today we have even more crystals available to us and new ones are discovered all the time.
      People try things and share what they experienced, if others agree then these meanings tended to stick.

Maybe you don’t feel the energy of crystals but some people do. Since before recorded history people who were sensitive to energy, perhaps those who were considered shamans, healers or wise people in their community would have sensed the energies of different stones. Once you can sense the energy of a crystal, it is not something that you can ignore. Energy is real.
      In more recent times and to this day spiritual people, teachers and authors share the impressions they have of different crystals. When you connect with the energy of a crystal you can also get intuitive messages of what it helps with too.
      Different cultures have their own way of viewing different crystals. Many cultures associate certain properties and stories with stones. Sometimes these correlate with beliefs in other parts of the world and sometimes they are unique to a tradition. These have all influenced some of the properties of crystals we know about today and continue to survive.

Most mining is also not really just for pretty crystals, it is much more practical. Minerals like Ores and Metals are used by different civilizations for making things. The ancient people noticed how certain stones reacted to water, were poisonous, created coloured paints, changed colour or were needed to make metals for tools.
      Hematite for example is rich in Iron. This was used to make swords, armour and shields. Its physical properties are that it is strong and reflective. I don’t think it is a coincidence then that Hematite it became known as one of the best crystals for psychic protection.

Reply To: which crystals are the best ones to use to help with Grief?
Your information:

Topic Tags