• 7th February 2020 at 11:20 am #8665
      Philippa

When my Mum passed away we visited the church to organise her funeral. The vicar took us aside and told us that we could have poems or songs. When we went into the office I saw a poem on the wall which had been torn out of a magazine. It was called All is Well and is a very moving poem by Henry Scott Holland.

It reminded me that Mum always used to give that poem to people that had lost loved ones. The next week I went back to the office and asked to have that poem read by the vicar at the service that I had seen the previous week but that was no longer there. The manager replied that she knew the poem but that it had never been on the notice board. She insisted it hadn’t. She also said that a friend could read it out but not the vicar because the words say “death is nothing at all” and in fact this branch of the church believed that death is a big thing because we meet God. Anyway I believe that Mum was telling me she was still there – what signs have you had?

• 7th February 2020 at 11:37 am #8669
      Jodie

Things are always going missing in my house and then reply a while later and yet I am sure that I looked there in the first place. Also the light does flicker at times and I am sure they are around

• 7th February 2020 at 11:40 am #8670
      Philippa

Death is nothing at all,
      I have only slipped into the next room
      I am I and you are you
      Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
      Call me by my old familiar name,
      Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
      Put no difference in your tone,
      Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
      Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
      Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
      Let my name be ever the household word that it always was,
      Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
      Life means all that it ever meant.
      It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
      Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
      I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
      Just around the corner.
      All is well.

• 8th February 2020 at 3:11 pm #8702
      Peter

I once shut all the windows and yet when I went back in that room they were all open. I know someone who used to work at Hampton Court Palace and they said that happened there.

• 10th February 2020 at 11:17 pm #8796
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

I think that is a very moving story about your Mum Philippa, and shows evidence that our loved ones are still around us. Thank you also for sharing with us the actual poem itself as I am sure that this poem will bring comfort to alot of people as well.

• 10th February 2020 at 11:21 pm #8797
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Very interesting Phenomenon about the Windows Peter, I wonder if anyone else had anything similar happen to them like that?

• 12th February 2020 at 11:19 am #8841
      Joe Wrae

Paul, I had a washing machine and I put it on late at night and went to bed. I heard the most violent sound coming from it and when I went out to the kitchen the machine had moved out from under the kitchen top to the middle of my kitchen as far as its stretchy pipe could go. I don’t know if it was a fault or what but I had lost a dear friend to me Ricko the week before. I am sure I have read that spirits can interfer with the electric eg the lights

• 12th February 2020 at 11:22 am #8842
      Joe Wrae

A week after my dear friend Ricko died I put my washing machine on late at night. I heard a violent sound coming from kitchen and the machine had moved out from under the counter to the centre of the small kitchen stretcing its plastic pipe but not breaking it. I have heard before that spirits do use electricity to give signs to us. What do you think Paul?

• 12th February 2020 at 12:07 pm #8846
      carl

Once went shopping and returned to the house and ALL the pictures from the walls in the (very long) living room were laid out on the floor in two parallel lines! There were about ten/12 pictures. I would be lying if I didn’t say it feaked me out.

• 12th February 2020 at 11:43 pm #8853
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

As strange as it may seem, beings in spirit, including our loved ones in spirit, do have the ability to move and manipulate objects on earth. They even have the ability to remove objects from the earth plane and take them to another dimension. Most of the time, the objects are returned around the same location from which they were borrowed or they are placed in our path in an extraordinary way.
      Everything in existence is made of energy. The ability to move and manipulate objects on earth from another dimension is performed through the altering of energy. In the film “Ghost,” in which Patrick Swayze’s character in spirit pushes an object using an intense concentration of his energies. It is not quite like that for beings in spirit, but acts as an example of how they can move objects. Manipulating energy takes practice for our loved ones in spirit. They can learn how to do that, as well as how to manipulate energy to send various other signs of their presence, including but not limited to, placing objects in front of you that remind you of them, scents in the air, a strong feeling of their presence, and much more.
      The most probable reason this phenomenon would have happened to you all would be your loved ones in Spirit wanting to give us proof of their existence beyond life on earth and to help us navigate our lives. They know how challenging life can be on earth and, through their love for us, want to help us to expand our knowledge and spiritual growth by giving proof of their existence through extraordinary experiences that have no explanation other than divine intervention. Our loved ones in spirit want to us know there is more to life than what appears to be. One of the ways they get our attention is through their ability to move or manipulate objects on earth.
      What experiences has anyone ever with Jewellery or items actually disappear before?

• 13th February 2020 at 3:38 pm #8856
      Philippa

Thanks for that info Paul, it was really interesting and yes it is a great comfort to know that loved ones are still here for us. I have had a few instances where I can not find something. I look everywhere and then I find what I thought I had lost eg keys and yet I could be sure that I checked there first. It could just be that I am going a bit doo daa but I don’t think so.

• 18th February 2020 at 10:20 pm #8870
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Generally if they do move something it is put back in the same place, or unless they really want to get your attention it is put somewhere very bizarre where you couldnt have possibly have left it.

• 26th February 2020 at 10:27 am #9119
      Jodie

What is the difference between a spirit in spiritualism or a ghost that might haunt a house?

• 27th February 2020 at 9:57 pm #9159
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

I think there is a big difference between a ghost and a Spirit. Ghosts can often behave like comletely crazy human beings incapable of reasoning for themselves. … Spirits on the other hand are the surviving personalities of all of us who pass through the door of death in a relatively normal fashion.

Ghosts are normally tied to the location of their death, usually a sudden or tragic one, and they often don’t realize that they are dead. In most cases, they have “unfinished business” as the deceased person does not accept the way in which they died. The simplest form of unfinished business can be as innocent as a person being attached so strongly to their home that they cannot leave it behind and pass over. They are known as “caretakers” and want to stay to make sure the building is being taken care of properly by future owners and also to their approval. At the end of the scale, unfinished business can take the form of dark energy when a person’s death is extremely violent and unexpected.

Often only a small percentage of paranormal sightings are true ghosts. The majority of them are really sightings of what is “residual energy” — when an emotional event is replayed over and over again, at the same spot, and at the same time.

Spirits, on the other hand, are not tied to one place. Their soul has survived physical death but no longer has a physical body in which to reside. They are free to move from one dimension to another and can return to us at free will. Often it is just a genuine, emotional tie to a loved one, such as wanting a family member to know that a deceased relative is okay, that can be the cause of a visit by a spirit. Has anyone had any experiences of ghosts?

• 28th February 2020 at 5:34 pm #9179
      Gill Smith

Hi Paul, Hampton Court Palace has lots of sightings of ghosts I believe, my aunt used to work there. There is a famous video of a strange appiration opening the fire doors.

• 5th March 2020 at 3:56 pm #9255
      Joe Wrae

I have heard of residual hauntings. A friend who works at a historical house told me that when they host events there, there is often unrest at the distrubance. She was stewarding on an event in a part of the courtyard where no one was and she heard what sounded like voices floating out of an open window. ie if you were evesdropping outside a house and the up stairs window was open. She couldn’t hear the exact words the voices were saying but it sounded like a tape (slight hiss) and it was displaced as if coming from the middle of the courtyard. Noone was in the house anywhere as it was locked.

• 6th March 2020 at 2:44 pm #9261
      Brian

What about poltergists – are they spirits? Or banshees?

• 6th March 2020 at 10:41 pm #9266
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Hi Brian, My understanding is that they are different, A banshee is said to be a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by wailing or shrieking.
      A Poltergeist is a German word for “noisy ghost” or “noisy spirit” and is a type of ghost that is responsible for physical disturbances, such as loud noises and objects being moved or destroyed. Most accounts of people who have witnessed poltergeists describe they have seen movement or levitation of objects such as furniture and cutlery, or noises such as knocking on doors. They are generally described as troublesome spirits who haunt a particular person instead of a specific location.

• 13th March 2020 at 2:13 pm #9292
      Joe Wrae

Paul, A dear friend of mine Ricko once came round to see me with a few of his friends. We were sitting have a coffee when the door bell went. But the door bell didn’t sound like the bell I thought it usually sounded like. We looked out no one there. We sat down. The doorbell went again. We looked out. Noone. Then we sat down and the doorbell went again. We were getting freaked at this time because still no one was there and it would have been very difficult given the set up to get away in that time without someone seeing evidence of that person.

Finally the doorbell went again – four times.

Strangely enough that dear friend Ricko died a week later unexpected. He had an undiagnosed heart condition which in hindsight was showing symptoms but no one took any notice. I do still feel that those bell rings were warning to him

• 16th March 2020 at 2:27 pm #9359
      Hannah

I often fall asleep on the sofa with just a lamp on. The other night I felt sure that I could feel breathe on my face or a very light breeze. I am sure it wasn’t my own breathe as it felt cool, and no window was open.

• 19th March 2020 at 12:13 pm #9383
      Jodie

hey Joe Wrae, I had the same thing with a clock. When my granddad died it stopped in his house. I couldn’t bear to part with it because it was a favourite item of his even though it didn’t work.

• 21st March 2020 at 11:14 pm #9442
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

I think you are all describing lovely evidence of the Spirit world letting us know that they are around us. Years ago, I put a music box in a walk in cupboard, which you had to wind up to make it play. Once night it started playing in the middle of the night for no reason at all. The next day my friend Brian called me to tell me, that my partner at the time’s Uncle Catalina had died in the middle of the night!! the uncle must have been trying to let me know he had now gone over to the other side of life…..

Reply To: What signs do our loved ones in spirit give to us to show they are around us?
Your information:

Topic Tags