• 26th February 2020 at 10:37 am #9124
      George

I like this poem as it reminds you that in your spiritual life to try to overcome obstacles and fears in your way. I have found it hard at times to stay positive and react well in the face of hostility or unfairness but we have to have these challenges

RECIPE FOR A HAPPY NEW YEAR (Author Unknown)

Take twelve whole months.
      Clean them thoroughly of all bitterness, hate and jealousy.
      Make them just as fresh and clean as possible.
      Now cut up each month into 28, 30 or 31 different parts,
      but don’t make up the whole batch at once.
      Prepare it one day at a time out of these ingredients:
      Mix well into each day one part of faith, one part of patience,
      one part of courage and one part of work.
      Add to each day one part of hope, faithfulness,
      generosity and kindness.
      Blend with one part prayer, one part meditation, and one good deed.
      Season the whole with a dash of good spirits,
      a sprinkle of fun, a pinch of play and a cupful of good humour.
      Pour all of this into a vessel of love.
      Cook thoroughly over radiant joy, garnish with a smile
      and serve with quietness, unselfishness and cheerfulness.
      You’re bound to have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• 26th February 2020 at 10:48 am #9128
      Jodie

George, thanks for that. yes it can be hard sometimes in this world to stay motivated spiritualy so this poem is a good reminder that what we put out there comes back to us.

• 27th February 2020 at 12:21 pm #9147
      Gordon

I sometimes feel if you are a light then people will try to put you down to hide their own faults. It is hard to remain spiritual at times in the fact of unpleasant ness but I guess that is how we grow in this world.

• 27th February 2020 at 10:58 pm #9162
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

People who are often less Spiritually evolved may try to feel better about themselves by making others feel worse. They may themselves also typically have low self-esteem, and their misguided way of boosting it is to take aim at another person.
      Even though they, themselves, are insecure, a common technique they’ll use is to pinpoint the insecurities of someone else. Their ego will get temporary relief from its own pain by inflicting hurt upon someone else.
      Their own jealousy causes them to lash out. Their aim is to bring the other person down to their level by belittling their successes or happiness. It’s spiteful, but it’s the only way they know how to deal with it.
      Nobody likes to feel small or insignificant. But some people use put downs to give themselves greater importance. They may even think this behaviour gives their own standing a boost and to get other people to like them.
      They may be a little lost when people aren’t paying attention to them. And so they make fun of others in order to get the attention they desire. Any attention makes probably makes them feel noticed and gives people a reason to interact with them, so they think they are making new friends.
      Their own lack of knowledge may want them to feel in control. Some people have grown up feeling very little control over their lives, often due to childhood difficulties or trauma.
      Many bullies, for instance, either have been or are being bullied themselves and so to get that sense of control back, they “punch down” to someone they perceive as weaker.
      A person may even take their stress, anxiety, or anger from one part of their life and find an outlet for it by knocking others down. This is an unhealthy and destructive way to deal with one’s own difficult feelings.
      They might also think that by weakening another person, this is a way of manipulating them. This is known as narcissm. It could also be a person seeking to guilt trip someone into doing what they want them to do. Putting others down and belittling them can weaken their self-belief and assertiveness, making them easier to influence.
      They might just have a negative outlook on life. Some people seem to live with crippling negativity that affects the way they view everything they come in contact with. They are, pessimistic, cynical, and negative towards anyone else’s positivity. Putting others down is almost second nature to them. It’s an automatic response to anything remotely cheerful.
      If you share good news with such a person or seek some words of encouragement, you are likely to receive the polar opposite.
      Often when a person holds a particularly strong stance on a topic, they are unlikely to be open to different points of view. Some people can handle such disagreements in a mature manner, but others will seek to tear down the views and opinions that go against their own. This can lead to attacks on the views and put downs of the person who holds them. Has anyone experienced things like this? and how did you handle it in a Spiritual manner?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Paul Perris.
    • 28th February 2020 at 5:25 pm #9177
      George

This made me feel so much better reading what you have written Paul. But also to learn from where at times we oursleves may have been guilty of lashing out. It can be hard but you are right – what ever we feel sometimes we do have to act in a mature manner in order to sortr things out. Your advice was spot on. You should be a counsellor as well as a medium!

• 3rd March 2020 at 6:03 am #9219
      Victoria

“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit” (Rom. 8:5)

• 3rd March 2020 at 5:19 pm #9241
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

Thank you for your contribution Victoria.
      In a very real sense this brief statement also sums up the totality of Jesus’ message — and, indeed, the message of the entire Bible. It is a perfect statement of the universal spiritual principles for Unity of humanity. We experience our lives according to how we set our minds. This doesn’t mean that we fall victim to every random negative thought that drifts through our consciousness. We can set our minds by believing the thoughts. The choice is clear: we can choose to believe in the material world around us, as verified and interpreted by our senses and the human brain, or we choose to believe in a larger spiritual dimension that encompasses the material world and all of life in an infinite energy that is God. This second choice makes no sense to the logical brain; we can find support for it in the deeper dimensions of our hearts though.

To “live according to the flesh” is to accept, the illusion of a material existence, but the reality is that everything is temporary and terminal, ending in death. To “live according to the Spirit” is to know that we are eternal spiritual beings who could never be defined or limited within a mortal existence. To the context which Victoria refers, and I think she applies this text beautifully, is to say that the more materialistic view of the person critisizing or bullying can be overcome by focusing on a more spiritual level. A Daily pratice of prayer and meditation can also greatly help with this, and moving the mindset to see things in a different more positive light….

The choice is ours between conflicting beliefs and a million little choices every day that express our faith in the powerful love of our own spiritual Truth.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Paul Perris.
    • 5th March 2020 at 3:47 pm #9253
      Philippa

Victoria, I agree but surely as humans we have learning to do on this earth plane and what we need to learn depends on what has happened in a past life? Paul do you believe in past lives? I just wondered if people are in spirit then how can they also come back again as in reincaration?

• 11th March 2020 at 6:16 am #9271
      Victoria

Thank you Paul, You couldn’t have said it better… Human nature has the choice to focus on a more material or spiritual level and it is this what define us as one, as someone unique.
      It is quite difficult to answer your question Philippa as this surely depends on what we have experienced in life, what I do believe is to follow my own spiritual truth, at least try…

• 12th March 2020 at 11:51 am #9275
      Philippa

yes, thank you both. Victoria it can be hard to follow a spiritual path when in this world people try to drag you down by making fun of you for trying to be decent. People in the so called establishment do not help matters when all they seem to endorse is money and fame for itself. I know its horrible but perhaps this virus is a way of warn people to take stock that infact society is very precious and that it doens’t take much to bring it down.

• 13th March 2020 at 12:17 am #9285
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

One thing that I found very interesting was Sylvia Browne’s prediction from her 2008 book End of Days: These were predictions and prophecies About the End of the World. She said “In around 2020, a severe pneumonia-like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments,” Browne wrote. “Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.”

• 13th March 2020 at 11:13 pm #9307
      Victoria

You are right Phillipa, totally agreed but not only people, the society is doing this also!
      Wow, that book sounds very interesting. I will have to take a look. Thank you both for your comments and opinions.

• 17th March 2020 at 4:32 pm #9361
      Philippa

Funny thing is I was thinking about the prophcies of Nostradums yesterday and thought it was linked with that. ie he predicated Hitler’s uprising and unrest in the middle east. We have had fires in Oz and now this

• 22nd March 2020 at 12:04 am #9446
      Paul Perris
      Keymaster

I do think and agree that these people also came up with very interesting prophecies too.

Reply To: How to become more spiritual
Your information: